- Get enough sleep!!! Now, I know not everyone can be a hardcore sleeper like myself, but it is so essential to not only your skincare but overall health to get enough sleep. 8 hours a night. No excuses. No bags under your eyes.
- Drink Water. Lots of it. Word on the street is that if you feel thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. This seemingly obvious and essential part of being a human can be surprisingly easy to forget. Make it a habit to always have a water bottle on hand, in your bag, at work, and in your car. Availability will make a huge difference in your water intake. I recommend buying a stainless steel re-usable bottle and ditching the environmentally heavy-impact plastics.
- Moisturize. Your skin needs hydration just like the rest of your body. If you have oily skin this can seem counter-productive but trust me, you still need to moisturize. The last thing you want is for your body to overcompensate and produce more pore-clogging oils. Find a skincare line that works for you, and make sure you’re applying both day and night moisturizer because there IS a difference. Skin oils are also amazing, but baby steps.
- NEVER go to bed with your make-up on. Whenever someone tells me they’re wearing their makeup from the day before I die a little inside. This is SO BAD for your skin, and SO EASY to avoid. I get it, when you get home late at night and all you want to do is flop into bed and start on those aforementioned 8 hours of sleep, washing your face can seem like the absolute opposite of appealing. If you really want to be lazy, use a make-up removing face wipe. I recommend the Biore wipes if you wear a full face of make-up or the Simple wipes if you have sensitive skin. Either way, DO NOT SLEEP IN YOUR GOD DAMN MAKEUP.
- Last but not least – relax. Stress can wreak havoc on your hormones and therefore the condition of your skin. Life can be very hectic and tends to throw curveballs your way when you’re least prepared (of this I’m sure) but it’s important to remember to take a deep breath and remind yourself that everything is going to be okay. You will pass that test. The bills will get payed. You’ve got this ❤